By John Galt
December 16, 2011 – 15:20 ET
Saxo Bank has release their “10 Outrageous Predictions for 2012″ and they are all worthy of comment by moi, because that is what I do.
Here they are:
1. The stock of Apple Inc plummets 50 percent from 2011 high
My Take: 30%? Easily. 40%? Possibly. 50%? Iffy. If Apple is cut in half, we’re watching cities burn.
2. EU declares extended bank holiday during 2012
My Take: Yes, in my opinion, for one week in “solid” nations, months in the PIIGS which collapse until they elect to leave the EU.
3. A yet unannounced candidate takes the White House
My Take: Only a 0.005% chance of this one.
4. Australia goes into recession
My Take: Duh. That’s a given. Try for something really hard next time gang.
5. Basel III and regulation force 50 bank nationalisations in Europe
My Take: They are optimists.
6. Sweden and Norway replace Switzerland as safe havens
My Take: Another no-brainer. Then again, I’ve always viewed the soft fuzzy sweaters that the women of ABBA wore as a safe haven.
7. Swiss National Bank wins and catapults EURCHF to 1.50
My Take: Not a prayer. The SNB will realize that Swedish chicks are destroying everything and declare skin tight sweater war. The CHF will not be allowed to become the Won of Europe.
8. USDCNY rises 10 percent to 7.00
My Take: We’ll never know because the ChiCom sponsored EMP nuke from N Korea will cut CNBC off from the masses.
9. Baltic Dry Index rises 100 percent
My Take: Only if there is a World War.
10. Wheat prices to double in 2012
My Take: Totally insane. IMHO, the Atkins Diet makes a resurgence and Wheat is declared the poison of our times and banned by New York City along with “high fructose corn syrup.”
To read the details on these predictions from Saxo Bank, click on the link below: