by John Galt
May 3, 2015 09:50 ET
The German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung breaks the news which should have every European civilian deeply concerned:
The story should worry everyone. This course of action has not occurred since the Cold War which infers that indeed, NATO military leadership feels there is a growing risk of a direct conflict between the two powers. From the article (Translated via Google):
NATO has for the first time since the Cold War ended again on a direct line to the Russian military. “NATO and the Russian military authorities maintain communication links. Both the Supreme Commander for Europe as well as the Chairman of the NATO Military Committee have permission to sit with their Russian counterparts in connection “, said the alliance with the request of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung. The communication channels are always open and would be tested on a regular basis, it said.
NATO did not specify when the system was activated. From a national delegation told the FAS that the Russian side in the past week, contact numbers had been sent. The operation was classified as “secret”. It goes back to an initiative of the German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier (SPD). This had suggested in December, given the tensions related to the crisis Ukraine again set up a regular service for emergencies.
NATO and Russia are trying to downplay the growing animus between Russia and the West should it be known was getting closer to conflict levels would cause great turmoil in financial markets as witnessed when Russia seized Crimea. Thus the establishment of this hotline should worry residents of the Baltic States and Moldova as it would appear a new Russian spring offensive in the Ukraine might well be in the offing. Stay tuned as America’s leadership seems hell bent on using Poland as a battlefront to sacrifice their soldiers to further the banksters plans for world domination.