by John Galt
July 19, 2017 09:00 ET
Donald J. Trump has been President of the United States (POTUS for short) for almost seven months by August 1st and everyone should rightfully be terrified; not of him or his Presidency but the ominous parallels to our past.
The Republicans have held a majority it he legislative branch along with the executive for the same duration.
The stock market has enjoyed a bull market of historic proportions without a correction for the longest period in post Federal Reserve Act history.
And effective overnight interest rates have remained below the historical average as measured by the Fed Fund Rate in over 6o years.
The economic situation we face is minor however compared to other problems like:
Sucks to work in Seattle or San Francisco eh?
Don’t worry, the Kookiefornians with money are now all moving to Florida. Er, uh, damn.
Thankfully they are “contained.”
Good thing everyone purchased those huckster “solar powered generators” advertised between 9 a.m to 12 p.m ET on the radio.
I could go on and on.
The truth is that any one event or an outbreak of war in any major region of the world contested by the major powers via their proxies could create a living hell between August and October.
My money however is on a combination of U.S. government incompetency and the rise of global modern fascism revealing a historical parallel unseen since the collapse of German democracy in the 1930’s. The stock market is over-valued by at least 30%, the economy propped up by false statistics, and worse, an unstable Presidential administration unwilling to recognize that the mistakes of his 1929 clone are being repeated daily by an inexperienced staff and incompetent dual party leadership.
During the election of 1928 a somewhat charismatic, albeit not as flamboyant individual as Trump, ran for President. He, like Trump was a wealthy businessman. He, like Trump, had never held any elected political office. Also like Donald Trump, this candidate was disliked by the establishment Republicans, despised by the Democrats, and worse, was once a Democrat but rebuked when he refused to run for the Presidency under their banner (yes, the Dems did approach Trump after the 2000 disaster with Algore).
History has judged Herbert Hoover quite harshly, yet his goals to save our nation after the Great Crash of 1929 were quite noble. He was victimized by not only the establishment Republicans protecting the banking elites, but a Democrat Party which said to the average citizens “damn you we want total power” and thus froze the ability of the Federal Government to engage in any productive actions to prevent further deterioration of the economy or save the citizenry from the crashing banking system. The Democrats actually were willing to impose pain on the average man, letting them live on the streets and starve to retrieve positions of power and achieve the dual goal of destroying the Republican Party.
What made the situation worse was Hoover’s attempts to “work” with the other party by signing legislation supported by the most Progressive wings of both parties (Smoot-Hawley for example) which not only made the crisis worse, but accelerated the turn to the downside by destroying any remnants of capitalism as the economy declined at an accelerated pace.
Thus bringing us full circle to the crisis we are facing in America and the world now:
- Europe is teetering between authoritarianism, a violent dissolution of the European Union, or outright economic collapse due to years of globalist policies which have erased not only borders, but national identities, freedom, and economic independence.
- Russia is a weakened, insulted, humiliated bear on the verge of rebounding just enough to inflict not only the potential of grievous damage to the West’s economies, but also via military action the potential for crippling the West before it has a chance to engage the greater enemies to freedom in the Middle East and Far East.
- China’s fraudulent economic structure is on the verge of finally, after many years of false alarms, an actual implosion. Should this occur, they are left with no choice but to unleash not only their decades long military buildup to achieve regional strategic acquisitions (Taiwan, etc..) but also let their proxies to attack the U.S. directly. Such an attack would cripple the world economy, cause hundreds of billions of dollars in damage to America, but also put the Chinese Communists in an almost purely era of dominance presuming Japan does not re-militarize and engage in direct confrontation.
- Mexico is on the verge of open civil war with the once forbidden tourists now considered viable targets by narco-terrorists.
- Numerous states in the U.S. are only surviving economically based on this current stock market bubble. SHOULD a 10, 20, or 30% plus correction occur, many states would not only beg for Federal help like Illinois, but worse, with the demographic shift, a failure to bail out pension funds, IRAs, and 401Ks would result in close to 25% plus of the senior U.S. population becoming not only homeless but destitute without major Federal assistance.
- The fallacy in trusting in fiat currencies, be they government sponsored or electronic video delusions pumped up by some of the same clowns who promoted other bubbles in the past will not end well. It never has, it never will and once a crash or hack hits them, all hell breaks lose as reality sets in and the inability to cover one’s losses hits the tape.
- Traditional domestic and international political alliances since the last world war are fraying, providing an opportunity for those with more devious intentions to not only stir up problems internationally entrapping the U.S. military, but worse, domestically which destabilizes the entire world within months as the transitional role of the U.S. is superseded by war profiteers.
- As equity and currency market fraud expands, the general public believes they are protected by national governments. This was not true in 1929, nor sadly, is it true today.
I’ve kept this list short for a reason. One’s imagination can let everything run wild as far as “doom” for the next 90 days. But taking into consideration our domestic incompetence, international powers regressing into shells of their former greatness, and formerly secondary powers now wishing to vanquish the global powers of the post-WWII period, it is of small wonder that in this author’s opinion that the 90 day period following August 1, 2017 will be the most dangerous in American, if not world history.