One always hopes that they are 100% in their prognostications, but in my case that might mean the end of civilization as we know it, so being wrong isn’t always that bad.
Last year I made some decent calls but before I begin with my 2023 Predictionrama, it is wise to see the full extent of a fool that I made of myself in 2022.
These are only the predictions I nailed or somewhat called correctly, the next article will consist of the blown calls, of which there are many.
Russia invades Eastern Ukraine and seizes almost all of the territory of Russian speaking individuals. The Ukraine government falls with a military coup and an armistice is reached solidifying the lines and “new” international border. The United States offers up only token sanctions in retaliation.
Somewhat nailed that. But the war is ongoing and the sanctions the US pressured the West into have hurt Europe more than Russia.
Australia and Japan form a new defense alliance. The Japanese Constitution is amended to remove the first use of force and allow for acquisition of nuclear weapons. South Korea considers joining the new defense union by year end.
Nailed it, except for the nuclear weapons part. (See: Japan, Australia sign defence pact for closer cooperation)
– Latin America elections in 2022 result in a “red” wave; not like the American GOP red, but a Marxist revolution leaving very few nations without an outright communist government and hard core socialist leadership at a minimum. US influence in the region wanes dramatically as the traditional allies view America as a country in decline.
Nailed that one and the consequences are just beginning.
– Boris Johnson is removed as Prime Minister after the global economic collapse which occurs in the summer of 2022.
Nailed that one also, even though it happened faster than even I expected.
– In the Florida races, the new redistricting helps the GOP pick up a net of 6 House seats as Governor DeSantis wins re-election handily over Charlie Crist by 11%. Democrats in Florida panic as the state races indicate further losses in the state legislature in a voter backlash against those politicians who wanted New York style mandates and restrictions during the pandemic. Constitutional Carry finally passes in Florida.
Got most of that one, because I did not expect Crist to suck that bad. Constitutional Carry should pass next month so my timing was a tad off.
– Hillary Clinton forms a Presidential exploratory committee for the 2024 race.
She’s running because it’s doubtful that President Senility is going to make it too much longer.
– The Supreme Court overturns most of Roe v. Wade leaving the heartbeat issue up to each state but a maximum of 20 weeks will become the standard for Federal abortion policy per the court. Riots ensue as staged by the extreme left as a result.
It was too easy.
– Bitcoin will crash with the equity markets to at or near the 20,000 level before rallying above 85,000 towards year end. Regulatory crackdowns on cryptocurrencies are accelerated in Turkey and the European Union. Ethereum finishes the year above 20,000 becoming the new crypto darling.
I nailed the crash but still waiting on the rally. I guess the digital gold thing did not catch on.
– TINA and FOMO for US financial assets become GOAT:
Get Out of America Totally
That is happening with a major increase in bilateral agreements without using the US dollar. That will rapidly expand in 2023.
– The Google search term and news articles for “food shortage” becomes a theme by Summer of 2022 in many U.S. cities. A great aluminum can shortage hits in Q2 creating panic in the soda and beer manufacturing industries.
Somewhat nailed that one. The can shortage has been replaced now with a carbon dioxide shortage.
– CNN fires its entire prime time lineup. The new ownership elects to save money and adopt a Sky News type of format with 30 minutes of “hard” news and thirty minute opinion/feature shows. This attempt to recover its tarnished reputation meets with limited success initially. The 2022 election coverage sets a higher standard with more balanced reporting than Fox News.
Weirdly enough that project is still ongoing. How Erin Burnett survived is beyond me. Meanwhile, Fox News continues its deterioration into RINO central outside of Tucker Carlson.
And that’s the good ones. Needless to say the bad predictions are far worse. On the real good news side of things, the Bloody Mary in last year’s drunken predictions has had the celery replaced with bacon which is oh so much better. And a big thank you to First Watch for this new addiction. Tomorrow I admit what a horrible predictor of the future I really am with some terribly blown calls and then Friday I shall imbibe, er, publish my predictions for 2023.